2021 Distance Teaching & Learning Conference
Are you energized and inspired to meet the next challenges in online instruction in stride? Join the University of Wisconsin-Madison at the fully virtual 2021 Distance Teaching & Learning Conference to propel your plan forward with new ideas, strategies and tools. 2021 DT&L Conference Certification Courses start July 27! Sign up during conference registration.
- Fundamentals of Online Teaching
- Preparing to Teach Online
- Online Education Administration
Don't miss this incredible lineup of keynote and invited speakers who were selected for their thought leadership and connection to distance education:
- Keynote: Maha Bali from the American University in Cairo will present, "How Can We Infuse Care, Equity and Agency throughout Education?"
- Keynote: Siân Bayne from Edinburgh Futures Institute and Jeremy Knox from the University of Edinburgh will discuss educational technologies and highly engaged teaching based upon their book, "The Manifesto for Teaching Online."
- M.J. Bishop, University System of Maryland: "Instructional Message Design: Past, Present, and Future Relevance."
- Jenae Cohn, California State University: "What's Next is Text: Designing Interactive and Engaging Reading Experiences Online."
- Liv Gjestvang, Ohio State University: "Institutional Transformation: Prioritizing Equity and Empathy."
- June Gruber, University of Colorado: "Understanding Student Well‑being during the COVID‑19 Pandemic."
- Shaun Iles, Mohawk College: "Thinking Outside the LMS: Organizing Communication and Student Collaboration Using Discord."
- Rosita Lopez, Northern Illinois University: "Inclusion and Collaboration for Effective Leadership Across Cultural Lines."
- Gloria Y. Niles, University of Hawaii — West O'ahu: "Technology's Impact on Diversity & Inclusion: From Access to Equity."
- George Veletsianos, Royal Roads University: "Access, Harassment, Misinformation, and Higher Education Futures."
- Alyssa Wise, New York University: "The Data Dilemma."
Friday, July 30 at 11:00am
More dates through August 4, 2021
Wednesday, August 4 at 11:00am